GLOBALOCAL 2013 is just round the corner and the German Book Office New Delhi is busy with last minute wrap-ups for the event that we all are awaiting eagerly. And as we do that, this is just to share with you our agenda, the idea, the comprehensively crafted packages targeted at the various sections of the publishing industry who we are looking at having with us...
· Publishers- as GLOBALOCAL specially focuses on bringing national and international publishers in touch, we have very carefully designed the Publisher’s package which is a concept in itself. This package [at Rs 20000] includes an exclusive Table in the Business Centre of the GLOBALOCAL Platform, two entrance tickets into the events [Roundtable discussions, Matchmakings, Rights seminars and Networking party], and five titles in the Rights Catalogue [print and online, which will also be distributed at international Fairs that we attend, e.g., Frankfurt Book Fair]. This package is the ultimate enabler for the GLOBALOCAL participant as they showcase products and hold individual meetings at their table while also attending the various events culminating into the reception on 29th January. Publishers can meet not only international counterparts but also digital service providers, printers and distributors in this forum. Interactions are not just limited to the events but the tea/coffee/lunch breaks between sessions are also fertile ground for carrying forth conversations. The presence made is not only significant but also a marker of being a key player who is open to collaborations and exchanges to further business.
· Printers – the next in line, in terms of the production process as well, are the printers. As India becomes a hub for international quality printing services [both offset and digital], the importance lent to this section can only be further built on. Printers are invited to register for GLOBALOCAL, a one-off unique B2B platform, offering opportunities for direct interface and networking. As the international publishing community starts to look towards Indian shores for pre-press services, GLOBLOCAL is posited to be the catalyst in making the meeting happen between the international publishers and national printers. Not only is there a targeted matchmaking for this, but other events like the CEOs and STM Roundtable discussions bring to fore the decision makers who are there to network as well. The Service Providers’ package [at Rs 35000] is a complete showcase opportunity in itself as it includes an exclusive table, two entrance tickets to the events [Roundtable discussions, Matchmakings, Rights seminars and Networking party], and a company profile in the Rights Catalogue [print and online, which will also be distributed at international Fairs that we attend, e.g., Frankfurt Book Fair].
· Digital Service Providers – this segment of the industry which entails IT enabled pre-press service among other digital offering targeted at the fast-digitizing publishing sector, is one of the focus groups for GLOBALOCAL. While there is marked interest from international publishers in meeting e-pub, pre-press service providers from India, this is an area which more space for direct interaction. And to bring this segment in direct contact with the interested candidates like publishers, GLOBALOCAL has put in place targeted matchmaking, keynote presentations and other events like the CEOs and STM Roundtable discussions highlighting key interest areas and industry players. The Service Providers’ package [at Rs 35000] includes an exclusive table [to hold meetings, showcase product], two entrance tickets to the events [Roundtable discussions, Matchmakings, Rights seminars and Networking party], and a company profile in the Rights Catalogue [print and online, which will also be distributed at international Fairs that we attend, e.g., Frankfurt Book Fair]. This package is aimed at bringing in the service providers in the middle of everything and emphasising their presence as integral to the scheme of things.
· Book Distributors & Retailers - now we come to the distribution and retail part of the business which is where the book as a product becomes an actual part of the demand and supply chain. The presence of this segment of the industry is critical to any event involving the industry, and knowing this we are inviting distributors and retailers [both on-ground and online, independent and chains] to participate in GLOBALOCAL 2013 which is an industry conclave to bring together the diverse factions and make it the annual networking event to start the year with. The package for the distributors consists of two elements: the entrance ticket to GLOBALOCAL events [at Rs 3000 per person] and for the company profile to be entered into the Rights Catalogue [at Rs 6000].
· Institutional Buyers – for this group of potential buyers [from libraries, archives, foundations etc.], an event like GLOBALOCAL is an ideal opportunity to meet the right sources of information and products. This section of buyers is thereby invited to be a part of GLOBALOCAL 2013 and be where the action is. The entrance ticket [at Rs 1000 per person] is pegged at encouraging participation and representation from this community which gets to meet and interact with other segments of the publishing industry.
· Publishing Consultants/Authors/Columnists – considering this group of participants are at the helm of publishing itself, we’d love to have them attend GLOBALOCAL 2013 which remains The Forum for Content. The entrance ticket for them is available at Rs 1000 per person and entitles them to be a part of the GLOBALOCAL events [e.g., the Roundtable discussions with CEOs and STM publishers/service providers, the Rights seminars and also the networking reception].
With the above packages and descriptions in place before you, we’d like to add that the event takes place on 28-29 January, 2013 at the Lalit Hotel in Jaipur. Also, if you still have not registered but have been thinking of doing so, you may write to us [at firstname.lastname@example.org] with the completed registration form [available at www.globalocal-forum.com] as soon as possible!